This MOvember, I've joined a team of colleagues from Cisco to support the Prostate Cancer Foundation and Livestrong by growing moustaches for men's health. Go to the Deucerman's MoBro Page and do the following: 1. Watch the day-to-day progress of my pathetic liphair struggling to the surface, and 2. Kick in some scratch! We have a set a stretch goal for our Movember Team, the MoMigos, of $250 Million, so we obviously need every penny you can spare. So ask yourself: Does that kid really need those braces? Does Grandpa really need that knee replacement? Does Grandma really need that hip replacement? I mean, God gave us chairs and couches, right?!
Okay, enough goofing. Let's get serious for a minute:
- Based on rates from 2005-2007, 1 in 6 men born today will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during their lifetimes.
- Based data from the same period, nearly 3% of men will die from prostate cancer.
- The Prostate Cancer Foundation has funded more than 1,500 programs at nearly 200 research centers in 12 countries.
- Movember and Livestrong are teaming up to offer free, confidential navigation resources to any man affected by any cancer at any age.
- In 2010, over 64,500 US Mo Bros and Mo Sistas got on board with Movember, raising $7.5 million USD.